Friday, August 7, 2009

North Korea releasing their hostages

Kudos to Clinton, his image needed a win badly because he was looking ridiculous following the election. Yet, the morning after I was tuning into the news channels to revel in a foreign relations win for the US unfamiliar to me for eight-plus years. To my surprise, CNN was actually covering the story instead of some damn celebrity. Yet to my amazement, Fox News was up in arms about some secret "deal" with Kim Jong Il. Can't we just celebrate a win? Two United States citizens are home with their families that they may have never seen again if there had not been intervention, yet this is looked upon as an opportunity to criticize...wait for it...President Obama. Frankly, I am not that surprised, the man could cure cancer and Fox would ask "why not AIDS?", yet the comments of Dick Morris literally turned my stomach. I'll quote from MediaMatters.org:

Criticizing Bill Clinton's "awful," "ridiculous" trip to North Korea, Fox News political contributor Dick Morris said of the two freed journalists: "I feel badly for the two journalists, but what were they doing in North Korea in the first place?" Morris later responded to a question about "how were we supposed to get them home" by stating: "Maybe they don't come home. Maybe they go to North Korea and they live with the consequences of their decision to go there."

From the August 5 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends:

Disgusting. These are Americans. These are women with families. You sir, make me ashamed to inhabit the same country as you. Super classy. Dick.

No comments: